Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 07-01-2013, 01:58 AM

Default Anyone grow up in the southwest Wisconsin area?

Guys, I am kind of poking around to see what happened to my dad's best friend's car that he had in the late 60's and early 70s. The guys name was Tweedy Felder. He had a white factory lightwieght 66 belvedere, hemi, 4 speed, with 4.10s. I've heard alot of great stories from my dad about the car and some of the races but to make a long story short, all that I know is that after Tweedy was killed in the 70s by a drunk driver,(he wasnt in the bevedere) his car was left with his mother. Alot of people tried to buy it, but a couple of guys came down from Madison, made an offer, and took it home.
The car was always fast, tweedy knew how to drive and tune it. My dad bought a new LS6 in the summer of 70 and Tweedy wouldn't race him because he wasn't sure that he would win. That winter he pulled the hemi out, sent it to a machine shop in Iowa, had it stroked and installed a roller cam. That spring he wanted to race my dad, but my dad said "no because my car is stock, yours no longer is" boy was Tweedy pissed!
Just curious what happened to it, Thanks Russ
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...