Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 01-18-2010, 07:30 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: CURRENT VALUES OF CAMARO 427 ALUMINUM ENGINE C

[ QUOTE ]
Regarding the cars that were "stolen" from the dealer. Weren't these cars extremely hard to sell? What if the dealer made them disappear and collected the insurance on them?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I've always been suspect of the missing '69 ZL-1's disappearing from that dealership's lot as an insurance deal also. They were very expensive and too hard to sell. I do know for a fact that there's at least one party that has looked into "constructing" one of these missing cars and fabricating a story about the car being around as an untitled race car for many years. Let's face it......the parts and pieces and tags are out there for the right enterprising individual to come along and "re-build" one of these cars and it really wouldn't be that difficult to do. Everything is known about the MIA cars: colors, trannys, build dates. etc. Slight change of suhject here.....I don't know what the current situation is concerning the Garnet Red #62 car but last time I checked, there were TWO #62 ZL-1's in existence. One is the original car with a CE replacement engine and the second car actually has the original #62 ZL-1 engine with a very nice, properly restored Garnet Red Camaro wrapped around it. Yeah I know, I've spoken with one of the parties a few years back and at the time they just couldn't get together on a price to unite original engine with original car. Then again, the Garnet Red #62 car has always been a personal favorite of mine being it's the only Red interior ZL-1 ever made and that it's also an M-22 Rockcrusher-equipped car. I don't know.....it's such a neat car, maybe it's not so bad having two of 'em out there for the masses to enjoy seeing!
Old 01-18-2010, 09:10 AM

I have had a ZL-1 block at my shop since way back in the 70's I got it in a trade deal and it looked like too much trouble to mess with. I took some pictures of it a few years ago (still in my shop computer, I think) for some guy at GM. At the time I had another alum. GM block in the shop. The owner called this GM guy and ended up trading it for a complete GM Crate engine. It is supposed to be on display at some GM museum and was in some traveling show they had. I think there are some original 4.44 bore pistons still here,too. Might be time to drag it out and dust it off. Anbody got any ideas?
Old 01-18-2010, 06:13 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

I'd be interested if you are going to throw it in the trash...haha

just kidding...but if you'd like to sell the parts, I would be interested. email at [email protected] or PM me here. or feel free to call my cell 215 852 8782 Thanks, Max
Old 01-18-2010, 08:52 PM

If Gibb sold his last ZL1 in '72 is there a record of another new ZL1 selling after this, or was this the last new ZL1 sold.

Also, wasn't Reggie involved in another questionable ZL1 incident?
Old 10-20-2010, 11:36 PM

i know it has been a while since you posted about the parts you have, i would be interested in them email me @ [email protected]
Still looking for 9560 #29