Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 02-02-2009, 09:07 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: GO STEELERS !!!!!!!!!!

Jeff, you spelled it wrong,,,STILLERS!!!

68 COPO Camaro 9737 non-converted YENKO
69 YENKO SC Camaro, Hugger Orange - born with engine!
Old 02-02-2009, 09:26 AM

I love the physical game that James Harrison plays. I've played the game for 15 years and I absolutely love a physical defensive player. I coach highschool ball now and the first thing you teach a young player is to play until the whistle blows. Football is a physical game and that unnecessary roughness needs to stop. Play soccer if you don't want to hit. I watched the game proudly with my Jack Lambert jersey on!!!!!
Old 02-02-2009, 04:28 PM

Ya it's all fun and games until someone puts an eye out !!!!

Old 02-02-2009, 05:53 PM

Thanked 5,369 Times in 1,882 Posts

Harrison is still a prick...

Congrats to the Steelers...they played a great game. The Cards had their chances. At least it was a close game...

People will makes excuses till the cows come home...but it's just a stupid game...
Old 02-02-2009, 06:19 PM

I agree Bruce. They can give all kinds of excuses; emotions run high, adrenaline, caught up in the monent, etc. But at the end of the day an a$$hole is still an a$$hole!
I watched this game, only because we were invited to some friends' home for the 'event'. I'm not much of a pro football fan and was reminded why yesterday. The narcistic little displays after one of their "Unbelievable" plays really turns me off. "Team", "Team", "Team"! It's all about themselves. And the worst part is the kids who watch this crap and idolize these freaks.
Yes, there are a few GOOD ones out there. Kurt Warner for one. I respect him, but precious few others. And don't give me the crap about how 'dangerous' the sport is, and that they 'deserve' the money they're paid. I work with people who put their lives on the line everyday at their jobs, and do it for one HELLUVA lot less money. AND, they don't ask for any recognition. Those are REAL people.
It's a "GAME, that is "PLAYED" by (for lack of a more correct term) men. If I was looking for an Idol, I'd look to the US soldier , not the NFL!
Old 02-02-2009, 06:26 PM

THE GAME SURE LIVED UP TO THE HYPE!AND WHAT A HALF TIME SHOW!BRUCE IS STILL THE BOSS!!!
Old 02-02-2009, 07:47 PM

Let me reinforce my point above.

Thank You to Don Stowers for this, and no disrespect to Mr. Paul Newman intended:

You're an 18 or 19 year old kid. You're critically wounded, and dying in the jungle in the Ia Drang Valley, 11-14-1965, LZ Xray, Vietnam. Your infantry unit is outnumbered 8 - 1, and the enemy fire is so intense, from 100 or 200 yards away, that your own Infantry Commander has ordered the MediVac helicopters to stop coming in.
You're lying there, listening to the enemy machine guns, and you know you're not getting out. Your family is 1/2 way around the world, 12,000 miles away, and you'll never see them again. As the world starts to fade in and out, you know this is the day.
Then, over the machine gun noise, you faintly hear that sound of a helicopter, and you look up to see an un-armed Huey, but it doesn't seem real, because no Medi-Vac markings are on it.
Ed Freeman is coming for you. He's not Medi-Vac, so it's not his job, but he's flying his Huey down into the machine gun fire, after the Medi-Vacs were ordered not to come.
He's coming anyway.
And he drops it in, and sits there in the machine gun fire, as they load 2 or 3 of you on board.
Then he flies you up and out through the gunfire, to the Doctors and Nurses.
And, he kept coming back.... 13 more times..... And took about 30 of you and your buddies out, who would never have gotten out.
Medal of Honor Recipient Ed Freeman died recently at the age of 80, in Boise, ID ......May God rest his soul.....
(Oh yeah, Paul Newman died that day too. I guess you knew that -- He got a lot more press than Ed Freeman.)
Old 02-02-2009, 08:13 PM

I have been a life long Steelers fan and always will be. However, the little childish display of temper by James Harrison was upsetting and completely uncalled for. Your named Defensive player of the year and you don't have the maturity to be a decent roll model for the kids, grow up and act like the 30 year old man that you are. If you still can't get it, ask your teammates Hines Ward or Troy Polamalu on the importance of mentoring to our youth.

Congrats STEELERS!!!!

Darrell
Old 02-02-2009, 11:55 PM

Thanked 5,369 Times in 1,882 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
I have been a life long Steelers fan and always will be. However, the little childish display of temper by James Harrison was upsetting and completely uncalled for. Your named Defensive player of the year and you don't have the maturity to be a decent roll model for the kids, grow up and act like the 30 year old man that you are. If you still can't get it, ask your teammates Hines Ward or Troy Polamalu on the importance of mentoring to our youth.

Congrats STEELERS!!!!

Darrell

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't agree more with you and Dennis
Old 02-03-2009, 05:17 AM

I'm a Cowboys fan butt here's to the Steelers! [image][/image]