Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 01-10-2010, 08:41 PM

Default Re: CURRENT VALUES OF CAMARO 427 ALUMINUM ENGINE CARS

all that caressing ron pratts back and almost kissing in his ear almost made me sick.they really spent alot of time trying to sell that one.what an embaressment to barret jackson.i would never buy a car there.id like to look around but its to much deception for me.if the car was the steal that they were saying ,why didnt the owner of the auction bid on it and add it to his car collection.money ,greed ,deception/what a shame.i thought reggi was a great ball player but i lostrespect for him
Old 01-10-2010, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all that caressing ron pratts back and almost kissing in his ear almost made me sick.they really spent alot of time trying to sell that one.what an embaressment to barret jackson.i would never buy a car there.id like to look around but its to much deception for me.if the car was the steal that they were saying ,why didnt the owner of the auction bid on it and add it to his car collection.money ,greed ,deception/what a shame.i thought reggi was a great ball player but i lostrespect for him

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I only pay attention to R&S and Mecum anymore. B-J turned into sideshow long ago.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The one available now for 475-500K from what I am told is missing it's hidden vins because that whole firewall dash area was cut out during it's life as a sand rail. That is what I believe is hurting that car. The RS ZL1 sold for 800K and the owner has turned down 1.2mil. I was told the price is 1.5 mil but now I'm told even that won't buy it. I would say a stand up 4 speed ZL1 is around 800K.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW!! That is 1967 Corvette L88 territory, and seperates the men from the boys. I know that cars like this often change hands behind closed doord with tight lips so it is hard to tell what the REAL prices are.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:20 PM

iluv9s:

I haven't heard from Chris in quite some time either. I hope everything is okay with him. I'll try and give him a call on Monday and let him know that you're looking for him to post. Ed
Old 01-11-2010, 01:53 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,214 Times in 543 Posts
Default Re: CURRENT VALUES OF CAMARO 427 ALUMINUM ENGINE C

The RS ZL1 is really the holy grail, because its the whole package. Of the 69 built, 50 were Fred Gibb ordered strippers, very much the same other than colors and transmissions. If you want a "different" ZL1, you're left with the remaining 19. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe its the only RS ZL1. So its THE ONE. Add to that it was never a race car, has its born-with drivetrain, has survived in great shape and has never had any "stories" attached to it, really makes it the ultimate hipo Camaro in my opinion. There's a huge financial gulf between cars with excuses and those without. Last I heard, there were still less than 10 of the 69 sporting their "born-with" motors, and these have always been the most coveted, since there were always many reasons for ZL1 Camaros to lose their engines since Day 1.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:58 AM

There is one other RS ZL1 out these ways and IMO the cars WITH the race histories are more interesting (and IMHO worth more). Ultimate in my mind w/o a doubt belongs to a tall fella that frequents our SCR and runs the living h*ll out of it at the track!!!!

Old 01-11-2010, 02:08 AM

The stories that go along with them are what make the cars unique and interesting... IMHO
NCRS#65120
68 GTO HO 4 spd Alpine Blue /Parchment 2 owner car
#21783 71 Corvette LT1 45k miles Orig paint - Brandshatch Green - National Top Flight - last known 71 LT1 built.
71 Corvette LT1 42k miles Original paint - Black - black leather - only black LT1 known to exist.
NUMEROUS Lemans blue Camaros,
Monza Red and Daytona Yellow Corvettes
& a Chevelle or two...
Survivors, restored cars, & other photos
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos
Old 01-11-2010, 04:27 AM
SCR Sponsor

[ QUOTE ]
There is one other RS ZL1 out these ways and IMO the cars WITH the race histories are more interesting (and IMHO worth more). Ultimate in my mind w/o a doubt belongs to a tall fella that frequents our SCR and runs the living h*ll out of it at the track!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that Craig Jackson still owns the other RS ZL1.

It is silver.

Ken B's ZL1 is certainly one of the most valuable ZL1s, for many reasons,including the fact that it is the only one known to still have the original owner option.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:44 PM

The blue RS/ZL1 that I believe you are referring to is on display at the AACA Museum in Hershey through March, 2010. I'm attaching a picture.
Attached Images

Old 01-13-2010, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The blue RS/ZL1 that I believe you are referring to is on display at the AACA Museum in Hershey through March, 2010. I'm attaching a picture.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the car - and thought of by most as the most valuable of all ZL1 cars produced.