Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 04-26-2011, 06:32 PM
SCR Sponsor

Default Re: Unrestored 1969 Yenko Camaro at Mecum

Judi and I have it handled....just sit back and read the current issue of Mecum Monthly.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:28 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black69</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was wondering if the registry on yenkos keeps track of 'properly rebodied' cars, which are ex-wrecks (verified when and where seen), which have original engines (verified), which ones don't etc. If not, would Jerry McNeish be the only source to confirm these types of things (by way of getting a report on a car of interest)?

just curious...as I think I have seen a registry for challenger t/a's (run by barry washington I believe) and it has a lot of that detail in it if I remember correctly (i.e. which cars to proceed with caution on..etc). Its been a few years now since I was looking for a t/a, but I do remember a nice list of attributes he had for each VIN, if a motor is known but the car is still missing, etc.

</div></div>

I keep that level of detail on the Deuces, but I do not publish it - for obvious reasons!
67 RS Camaro-327/250hp, 2speed Glide, &amp; 3.08 Open (Danny's Ride)
Old 04-26-2011, 08:45 PM

What's the point of a registry if its information is not available to the public or through a subscription? Who benefits?

Chevelle and Tri Five Parts

56 210
66 Chevelle
</span>
Old 04-26-2011, 08:59 PM

Why do we need a registry? If Jerry says it's real, it's real. Isn't that how the story goes? Started as Z28s, then COPO Camaros and soon to be Fords and Mopars. The definitive authority.
1965 Pontiac Lemans
Old 04-26-2011, 09:32 PM

it is hard for me to understand what I would get access to if I paid membership dues. I also would be concerned on interpretations of what is good.

For example, calling the below car 'great' just gets to me. So how would the registry describe the same car? great? or?
depends on who you ask, likely.

https://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbt...243&amp;page=5
Old 04-26-2011, 10:31 PM
SCR Sponsor

&quot;Great&quot; is certainly subjective.

So honestly and truthfully advertising a car for sale &quot;gets to you&quot;

How about:
Top Gun Award at the Chevey Vette Fest
Three Gold spinners
Concours winner
9XX points out of 1,000 at a national judging venue
etc...etc

While I still don't agree with the method used to restore this Yenko, I still consider it a great one.

You don't think that having this info available on a public Forum which specializes in these cars is valuable?

Old 04-27-2011, 03:20 AM

I have seen that Yenko and it is clearly a great car. The owner didn't intend nor did he know about the resto method until discovered years later by Stefano for a client. It's also great Stefano went the extra miles for his prospective buyer to discover the hidden resto mishap and its also very great that the owner never tried to hide the history and has been totally open about it during the entire sales process. It would be really great if everyone in this business conducted themselves like Stefano and the owner have regarding the sale of this great car. Unfortunately in the great majority of case people take the low road in situations like this.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:33 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefano</div><div class="ubbcode-body">&quot;Great&quot; is certainly subjective.

So honestly and truthfully advertising a car for sale &quot;gets to you&quot;

How about:
Top Gun Award at the Chevey Vette Fest
Three Gold spinners
Concours winner
9XX points out of 1,000 at a national judging venue
etc...etc

While I still don't agree with the method used to restore this Yenko, I still consider it a great one.

You don't think that having this info available on a public Forum which specializes in these cars is valuable?
</div></div>

Stephano,

When the clary's refer to the car that started this thread, 'as a GREAT car', that holds some weight, that I would tend to believe is good information to see in writing. When you have a car forsale that is a rebody, and call it GREAT in the same thread as the survivor, it just begs for further discussion. Who runs the registry and feedback to prospective inquireries makes me wonder how unbiased the feedback will be. You are no doubt a very significant part of yenko.net. I regard you (unless proven otherwise) part of the team that runs the supercar registry.

What gets to me is the reference to that blue car as great, especially on this thread in the context of a survivor yenko. You should leave that car alone and walk away from it in my opinion, or start calling it a 'good car' considering what happened to it during restoration. Taking 3 yenko cars to auction can be good enough for many [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2011, 04:26 AM
SCR Sponsor

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black69</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it is hard for me to understand what I would get access to if I paid membership dues. I also would be concerned on interpretations of what is good.

For example, calling the below car 'great' just gets to me. So how would the registry describe the same car? great? or?
depends on who you ask, likely.

https://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbt...243&amp;page=5 </div></div>

This must be the twilight zone.

You brought the Blue Yenko into this thread not me.

This thread was about the Hugger Orange Yenko going to auction. How about we get back to that &quot;Great&quot; Yenko.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:29 AM

I'm curious about the description of this car:

&quot;Interestingly, the Yenko-installed Stewart Warner tach identifies it as an early production Yenko Super Camaro, later cars featured a factory-installed in-dash unit.&quot;

I've never seen anything that says the '69 Yenko Camaros came with a factory tach, that they were all Stewart Warner units installed in Cannonsburg?

I'm also puzzled by the blacked out rear valence. I was recently reading the interview Don Yenko gave in the April '87 issue of Muscle Car Review, in which he states that all of the Camaros were COPO 9561 cars, and that none were L78 conversions.

Any ideas on this? Don also states in the article that 500 Camaros were built in '69.