Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 10-19-2012, 01:32 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Big MCACN Announcement; Calling Yenko Enthusiasts

Last year I helped out with the ZL/1 display that was amazing, not to mention a LOT of work to get the cars setting and looking right. And that was sixteen cars. With this years response to the "Meet the Mean Ones" gathering the job will be enormous. Not only the cars, but do not forget the amazing display of Yenko memorabilia. I want to thank everyone that has committed their cars, memorabilia and their time. Look for the current roster to be posted soon. If you want to be part of the show, you still have time, and we would love to have you...BKH
Old 10-19-2012, 11:46 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bashton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[quote=TimG]
Just a quick flight to O'Hare...and you'll be back with the guys before they know it! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif[/img] </div></div>

In the interest of convenience, what's the closest airport? I believe I arrived in Midway and left from O'Hare last time. The convention center was a quick train ride, unlike O'Hare.

Or do I have them mixed up?
Old 10-19-2012, 12:34 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 442w30</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bashton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[quote=TimG]
Just a quick flight to O'Hare...and you'll be back with the guys before they know it! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif[/img] </div></div>

In the interest of convenience, what's the closest airport? I believe I arrived in Midway and left from O'Hare last time. The convention center was a quick train ride, unlike O'Hare.

Or do I have them mixed up? </div></div>

O'Hare's next door.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:47 PM

I brought a piece of Yenko memorabilia here to work today to take some photo's. This is one of the pieces I purchased at the 1st Yenko Reunion in Hendersonville, TN back in 1998(?). It was in the auction of some of Don Yenko's personal items.

Now a close up of some of the front.

Now the back of it.

I'll have it in our swap spaces at MCACN if anyone wants to see it.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:31 PM

Thanked 3,864 Times in 1,028 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 442w30</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bashton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[quote=TimG]

Or do I have them mixed up? </div></div>

I took a cab from Ohare to the Hotel-convention center last year and timed it right at 4 minutes. If you miss the light it is 5 minutes. Or the hotel has free shuttles running to and from Ohare.

Any more Yenko's out there that want to join in ?
Old 10-19-2012, 02:18 PM

Any luck contacting the fellow with the barn fresh red 69 Yenko Chevelle that was posted on here a few months back?
Old 10-19-2012, 02:25 PM

Im working on convincing the owner of a 69 Yenko Camaro to bring his car. Its a LB X66 that has been tucked away since '82. It has been under restoration for about 10 years and still not done, but almost there
Old 10-19-2012, 02:26 PM

Thanked 1,888 Times in 767 Posts

You can take the &quot;L&quot;, it runs from the airport to the Hotel. Is there a &quot;class of '72 reunion&quot;?
Old 10-19-2012, 03:25 PM

Thanked 3,897 Times in 1,005 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 66 L78 ragtop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im working on convincing the owner of a 69 Yenko Camaro to bring his car. Its a LB X66 that has been tucked away since '82. It has been under restoration for about 10 years and still not done, but almost there </div></div>

Orlando, is this MM's car? It would be very nice to see this car there especially if it is the one I am thinking of. It will have one of the best paint jobs anywhere on it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations
Old 10-19-2012, 05:39 PM

Thanked 1,062 Times in 335 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TimG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can take the &quot;L&quot;, it runs from the airport to the Hotel. Is there a &quot;class of '72 reunion&quot;? </div></div>

Indeed, it is O'hare that is right by us.

YES; we have an outstanding group of nearly 20 cars in our &quot;Class of 1972&quot; display, including some great convertibles and even an Alabama State Patrol Javelin!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com