Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Parts/Memorabilia - For Sale

Please note

Old 01-03-2014, 08:37 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Misc NOS GM Parts Clips, Retainers, Rubbers, ETC.

Woww.... some people have already been scared off that used to sell stuff on this board. And that could possibly happen in this case also. Jason paid his dues. He offers free shipping to us, which in itself is a discount.

And to say that if it sold on Ebay, he would have sold it here for the same or more money?? I don't believe that is the usual case.

Worse case scenario, we are made aware of his offerings on Ebay and if you don't like the way he sells his stuff, don't buy it. I just do not see the down side.

Because he has a busy life and does not contribute to other posts?? Seriously??

Do we not atleast want a heads up to some of the rare parts that he has available at times.

I could possibly see making a "for sale Ebay section" like some other sights if this offends people that much. But I am all for letting people post anything in any form they would like to sell.

I always liked this sight for it's "not so political and non-nit-pickiness"(is that a word ha-ha) that many other sights have.

just my .02

With all due respect, I don't get it some times... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 01-03-2014, 09:28 AM

Amen to the above comment. I posted a comment after what I thought was a question and had someone tear me a new one in my backside. After that I immediately took down all my adds. There is an element on this site that acts like they are elite. But as I have said in the past I have met many very good people in this HOBBY. I came to this site because there are many knowledgable folks that are nice enough to help steer you in the right direction. So please stop the cut throat attitudes.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:33 PM

Its nothing personal at all. Many just feel that it would be nice to give Members first dibs on all these great parts that Jason has. Many know what these parts are worth and what they sell for. Maybe just a courtesy thing to the members first? I post things for sale here and some sell and some don't but they go on the Site first before I hit Ebay or whatever. I will also say that the people here need to buy from the people here and if they do not like the prices PM or email the person selling. Works both ways.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:25 PM

Sammy I agree ....the negotiating tool works for both buyer and seller ....Jason always has good items to sell. I have negotiated with him before . A fair person. The guys in the front office have always frowned upon listings without pricing....we have seen ads get removed without pricing or someone &quot;bumping&quot; to promote ones item. An eBay section is a great idea...only downfall is some people will dump their items there to make it easier. We all have preferences...I like the &quot;PRICE NEGOTIATOR&quot;...in other words ...person to person. Anything can be possible if we work together !
Old 01-03-2014, 02:27 PM

I am with you Doug.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:08 PM

This site may not be perfect...and what is?, but have you tried recently to find a part on Ebay? Seriously, if I just want to do a general search to see if any good used item or original part is offered for my Camaro I literally have to wade though thousands of useless items that get grouped in &quot;fits 69 Camaro&quot;. everything from pink dice and chrome skull valve stem caps and repro stuff out the yang! If there is a &quot;deal&quot; on Ebay, it is like the proverbial needle in a haystack. I have better things to do with my time, thank you, than to spend all night, page after page. If it is a specific item, I may do a search. I used to use Ebay as a tool to set values and do research on my own parts...I think its out of hand now though as far as prices. Craigslist?! Most people there are only trying to beat me out of something (so they can re-sell it on Ebay for higher than top price) or they want a hundred pics sent with no intention of following through or showing up as promised. This site has two elements I value:1) Hobbyists who are knowledgeable, basically honest, reasonably priced on some items (you decide) and 2) Quality, desirable parts that the true hobbyists seeks for their top restoration that is in their means. I am not wealthy, but that does not mean I don't want things correct, authentic and done as well as possible. It just takes me longer and more creative in finding solutions to getting car done. Didn't mean to ramble, but I go here first for finding parts and selling too.

69 SS/RS 396 M20 X22 Nor 12B,72B,712 bought 1979
FULL OWNER HISTORY
69 Dick Harrell tribute Day II 427 M20 4.10 X11 76 orig pnt, 711
67 Super Stock 302 Camaro re-creation
Old 01-03-2014, 06:49 PM

try Ebay Motors. That kinda weeds out the junk from 1969 Camaro, Nova, Cuda. Mustang or whatever.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:22 PM

Benny ...you are correct ....I dislike eBay.....some sellers are not as advertised as well as their parts. I like buying from people I know