Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 12-10-2016, 01:08 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,797 Times in 524 Posts
Default Re: 1970 SS396 Camaro For Sale

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: [email protected]</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wilma is correct. (believe it or not??) Try other venues also. Maybe an optional set of tires and wheels? </div></div>

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/drool.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/worship.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]
02 Berger 380hp #95
Lots of L78 Novas
Join National Nostalgic Nova!
70 Orange Cooler
69 Camaro
Old 12-10-2016, 01:59 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WILMASBOYL78</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Beef</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys,

Have to ask...640+ folks have viewed my post. I would like your honest opinion about my car. Is there something specific that could hold the car back from being sold?

Color, Price, auto vs. 4 speed, time of year, car's location, all?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks...Mike </div></div>

Mike, since you only posted it on Wednesday I would give it a little time...if you look at the cars for sale section, there are many with a lot more views that are still for sale....be patient. Looks like a neat car...2nd gen BB Camaro with original driveline is cool. I don't think the Forest Green and the TH400 are a downside...there were a lot of Forest Green cars sold that year.

I would recommend hitting a few of the other known sites like; Team Camaro, Cars on Line and maybe an online ad in Hemmings...I'm not a fan of Ebay or Craigslist...I'll leave that up to you.

Good luck..wilma</div></div>

The Z car we bought new in Clovis, NM was that color green w/white stripes and green interior -- still wish I had that one back ... TAZ [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/burnout.gif[/img]
Old 12-10-2016, 02:22 PM

my opinion ... and we all know what opinions are worth ... :-)

auto and interior color

that said, my car WAS Forest green but with the tan interior. I remember telling myself when i bought it in 1977, &quot; I can paint it any color, as it has tan guts&quot;

I looked at MANY cars before buying this one and I ignored all: A. with a slushbox, B. without power steering, C. that had rust, D. that had non original engine parts (yes, even headers), E. were gold or slime (citrus) green (sorry, wasn't in my window of tolerance), and finally F. had a green interior

I lucked out finding my car, it was all I wanted and MORE: M-22, EXCEPT it was FG. The originality of the drivetrain (still had smog hooked up and all 4 original spiral shocks) convinced me it was a good car

I always wanted a black one so I had it painted in the very early 80's

That all said, I have more tolerance for all the external colors today but still have an issue with green interiors on f bodies

Old 12-10-2016, 05:53 PM

I would put different wheels on it.. maybe 70 Z style wheels. Those later camaro wheels do not do the car justice !! GLWTS !!
Old 12-10-2016, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluv69s
I would put different wheels on it.. maybe 70 Z style wheels. Those later camaro wheels do not do the car justice !! GLWTS !!
Or the Corvette style &quot;turbine&quot; full wheelcovers. They were optional on Camaros. Look cool as heck and nicely different.
Old 12-10-2016, 07:34 PM

14&quot;Rally Wheels on this Forest Green SS are correct and original RPO option.

You see very few original SS 2nd Gen Camaros and even fewer with stock Rallys.
70 Camaro R/S Z-28, L-78, R/S SS
69 Camaro COPO &quot;recreation&quot;
Old 12-10-2016, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamarosRus
14&quot;Rally Wheels on this Forest Green SS are correct and original RPO option.

You see very few original SS 2nd Gen Camaros and even fewer with stock Rallys.
The wheels are fine, don't change a thing. Be patient. Extremely nice car. No objection to the green interior. So many cars had Black interior. So yours is different.
Bob D'
Old 12-10-2016, 07:56 PM

I appreciate all of the comments made.
Old 12-12-2016, 10:39 PM

I find the Z28's are much more in demand than the big block 2nd Gens. I also think the price is good, maybe let someone beat you down to 35k, but I would not go any lower.

I would not use any professional auctions on this car. My experience (again mine) is that second gen Camaros don't do well at auction.

You can do ok on ebay with a car like yours that presents well. Get some professional pics taken, and write a good ad (maybe post here for tips on a good ad).

Pics of the block stampings would go a long way. I think (like others have said, opinion) the fact that your car has the original engine is much more of a plus than the negatives of color (I like the forest green) and automatic.

Just my .02,

Oh, and I agree on time of year. Income tax return time is much easier to sell a car. Make sure if you do an ebay ad, that the auction does not end on a holiday, Fri or Sat night, or middle of the day. I found that Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday evenings around 8pm central time were prime selling times (east and west coast can bid).

GLWS!

Rich
Old 12-12-2016, 11:23 PM

69LM1(Rich),
Very sound advice. I do have photos of all stamps/partial VIN's for the serious buyer. Thank you.