Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 12-18-2001, 06:04 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 4,088 Times in 1,075 Posts
Default Re: Carolina Blue LS6 for sale

Someone has added those stripes within the last few months. Non Cowl hood. Dual snorkel air cleaner. Block has been decked and is hard to read. Orig. owners name is on build sheet. I found him and talked to him a few years ago. He sold car in 89 for 6000.00 with trailer. Had to pay 103.00 extra for the paint. Owner also said he removed the 454 emblems when new and had a pretty good Sleeper car. I think he said it ran 12.50's with exhaust cutouts. He knew when it needed a clutch or rings when the timeslips dropped off. Always replaced with Genuine Chevy parts. Stopped driving the car when he started to feel like a Criminal when he had to walk up to the gas pump at the airport carrying gas cans. White bench seat int. Had about 30000 miles on it a few years ago when I had it . Orig. Owner confirmed the miles. No rust , orig. paint, orig. blue vinyl top.

[Edited by Charley Lillard (12-18-2001 at 01:04 AM).]
Old 12-18-2001, 02:53 PM

Thanked 2,038 Times in 810 Posts

Charlie, I was just relocating from Sacramento back to Texas when you sold that car to Dave Simpson. We were over at Joe B's place and Dave had a trailer ready to move it to Illinois. That was in Summer of 1993. I told Dave I had never been in a LS6 and asked him for a ride. If I remember correctly, he tossed the keys to you and had you give me quite a ride in the car. It is also on the cover of Car Restorer Magazine when John Gardner owned it. I have the Magazine at home and it is a good article.
I remember a story about how the car was damaged before delivery and the dealer had no idea how to match the color with no paint code. Is this car not similar to the one that was featured in the last issue of MCR?
I felt this was similar to the orange car from an option standpoint.
Old 12-19-2001, 02:46 AM
SCR Sponsor

Thanked 1,002 Times in 382 Posts

Charley,
Thanks,isn't technology awsome.
Old 12-19-2001, 03:17 AM

Stefano, any SS Chevelle in 1970-72 that did not come with the cowl induction hood did not get stripes unless it they were ordered by the dealer. They were optional under RPO D88 for all 1970 Chevelles including Malibus. They were standard with the cowl induction hood only...........RatPack...........
Old 12-19-2001, 04:54 AM
SCR Sponsor

Thanked 1,002 Times in 382 Posts

Thanks Guys,
I was just trying to confirm my experiences, as someone in the know was telling me about a non cowl induction 1971 Chevelle Stripe Delete listed with the options on the Build sheet.

I am aware the stripes were to be non deletable with the ZL2 and since they were an option on the SS ,there should not have been an option delete.

Old 12-19-2001, 05:06 AM

Thanked 4,088 Times in 1,075 Posts

Geezzz...... time flys.
Old 12-19-2001, 10:21 PM

Hello all, I see that car was delivered to NC when new, how long did it stay? If new owner wants some more paper work "title history" have him contact me. If the car was in NC for a while I should be able to get it if I pull a few strings. ONLY IN NC THOUGH!! I used to live there and did it on quite a few cars. Just a though for another Chevelle lover.
Mitchell