Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 03-20-2002, 12:15 AM
SCR Sponsor

Default Re: Silver ZL1 at Future Classics?

Kurt,
That'll learn ya, stop welding on those dual exhaust plates to all those clones you making and you won't have these problems
Old 03-20-2002, 12:20 AM

Welcome Paul,
I know all about mistakes,hell I make one almost every day.My Dad used to tell me there were only two kinds of people that don't make mistakes and that is a person that don't do nothing and a liar.He was right most of the time! I think you will find some very nice people on this site that can be very helpful,and again you might run across one from time to time you don't agree with.Sometimes I just sit back and laugh at some of the entries.It must be the prozac.Now I don't want anybody to think that I am calling anyone a liar,or calling anyone lazy for that is not the case.I am just stating an old saying from my Dad.

Old 03-20-2002, 12:43 AM

Paul, Next time at Future Classics could you check out the Yellow 70 Camaro L-78 and look at the tach redline and max......and whatever else you glean as authentic or NOT....and the asking price...Chuck/seattle
70 Camaro R/S Z-28, L-78, R/S SS
69 Camaro COPO "recreation"
Old 03-20-2002, 12:56 AM

Chuck, The trim tag on that yellow L-78 car is held on with sheetmetal screws. Saw it at Atlantic City auction. Need I say more? KP
Old 03-20-2002, 02:03 AM

Hi Everyone,

I thank you for the welcomes and kind replies. As for the torch, it was much like KURT and TIM F's story. Working under the car cutting the exhaust. I hear a pop, see a piece of molten metal flying off and hear a loud hiss in my ear. Next thing I recall is lying in the middle of my kitchen floor on my side with the hospital on the telephone, feeling as though I was going to throw up every internal organ I owned. Hi STEFANO!! I haven't had a real need for the Prozac in about four to five years, but after today, it might not be such a bad idea to keep a couple of spare bottles around the house. I'll check on a group discount for us. Thanks for the kind words COPO PETE and BBIGG BLOCK 396, I do feel much better and am grateful for your kindness and understanding. As for CAMARORUSS (Chuck in Seattle). I would normally be more than happy to take the trip over there to look at the car for you, but I think I should stay away from convertibles, ZL-1's and second generations for now. Hope you understand. As for DENIS with the remark about my wife. I think that's what she daydreams about when we're looking the cars over at classics. Once again, I Sincerely thank you all for the welcomes and kind words, Paul
Old 03-20-2002, 02:10 AM

KP, What are you saying? The factory didn't use sheetmetal screws on the trim tags? The particular car you are talking about happens to have all of it's interior trim pieces riveted on.
Old 03-20-2002, 02:43 AM

Paul,All i was trying to say is that you were throwing all these negative things out there about the dealer and i have been there recently and those things did not seem true.The Black Z28 was not even an RS and has been sold for $36 which may be a little high but Black is a rare color with houndstooth as well.Everyone bashes the L89 Conv. but the car still was sold for $69 in change in Atlantic City and there were 3 guys bidding it all the way up.In my past visits i was never misled and nothing looked bogus to me.The silver ZL1 i saw about a year ago and it was shown to me as a Clone and it was a top notch car priced at $60k.It was sold to Calif. i heard.I didn't mean to come off like that but you have just come on to this board and you were bashing and that stuff should stop.We all no it is buyer beware in anything we do and should take our proper percautions! Thanks Rob!
Old 03-20-2002, 02:54 AM

Hey K Pascoe,You had a Killer 67 RS/SS Car that came from Future Classics last year at the Atlantic City Show.Car was supposed to have been restored by Bob at Camaro Specialties in NY.How did that happen?
Old 03-20-2002, 03:48 AM

As far as Future Classics sooner or later some one WILL shut them down its NOT bashing
its getting the word out DO NOT BUY A CAR FROM THEM
Old 03-20-2002, 04:05 AM

Hi Rob,

To be completely honest, I found the L-89 to be absolutely gorgeous and my favorite color combo to boot. It was a very well restored car. That's why I said nothing about the workmanship involved in the resto. The car was beautiful. The Z-28 I saw on the showroom floor did not have a houdstooth interior, it had a standard interior and was not worth the asking price to me. I have however seen quite a few black Z's on his floors, both RS's and not. They come and go as quickly as you and I are talking despite what I feel to be GOD awful high prices. Everytime I walk in the door, I am very skeptical as to the cars I see. I am this way because I've been involved in one instance myself and have had the displeasure of seeing cars that are not real SS's being offered as real SS's. This is something I know about because I own two SuperSport Rally Sports. One big-block and one small block (originally). I've also spent more than enough time in and under them to know what a good resto is and isn't. I can honestly say that out of all the Camaros I've seen on his lot, very few have really peeked my interest. The siver ZL-1 was one that peaked my interest. I found the car to be beautiful and restored in a fashion that was becoming of a car of it's status. I didn't like the fact that a few of the Camaros at that time had engine compartments that were painted in one color black and cowl tags that looked as though they had a fresh coating of Krylon semi-flat black. It made me downright uncomfortable to say the least and skeptical too. After having the orange SS shown to me way back when and being told by the salesman that it was a factory big-block, Yes, once again I remain skeptical because I have been on the floor and talked to in person. As for the tags, I never said that it was the owners of the dealerhip that were responsible. For all I know, it might be the people who sell the cars to the dealer, inorder to get top dollar for their cars. I often put myself in the owners position and ask myself what I could do to prevent this from happening if it was indeed the peoples greed and foul play. Well, I would hire someone or learn the facts needed to purchase a correct car. If I bought a clone, I would personally sell it as one. If I buy a car that is stated as being something that it isn't, shame on me and shame on the seller if he or she was aware of it. If I was to purchase my second car for top dollar and it wasn't what it was stated to be, shame on me!! I would not however resell it as the real thing. This is where I would mark the line. I would chalk it up as an expensive lesson and do my best to prevent it from happening again. I would tend to think that after this much bologne with clones and such, the dealers and customers would be that much more skeptical about the things that they purchase. Well, from what I read on the internet, it doesn't appear so. I don't believe it will considering the amount of money involved. Let's be realsistic about this, I've heard and talked to more than one person about questionable cars on the lot. I have no doubts as to the possible validity of the complaints. I'm just lucky enough to be one of the many that has not had the money in pocket to go out and purchase at times. It could have been me at the lawyers office. I am biased and I have no problem with people knowing it. ROB, I really want to thank you for the reply to straighten things out. I understand your actions much better than I did before and I hope you understand mine. All is well!! Sincerely sorry for any misunderstandings, Paul