Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 11-04-2003, 03:59 AM

Default Re: Crazy, like Lillard...

Not that I am aware of. Greater is a dealers auction. I bought many of cars from there for the dealer and they usually charged a small fee.
Old 11-04-2003, 04:17 AM

Could be, Frank...just going on what BeaumontBill told me this afternoon. I dunno. I understand they're starting to ship the production models now. Did your dealership get lots of inquiry about 'em?

SS
Old 11-04-2003, 04:22 AM

Not much inquiry has been made about the cars.
Old 11-04-2003, 02:45 PM

Remember when people were paying $10K over sticker for the 93 Indy Pace Car Camaros. Now those people are just trying to get back the sticker price on them after they've been sitting for 10 years. People paid too much for the Plymouth Prowler's as well. I guess it's just the novelty of being one of the first to have a certain vehicle. I'll never figure it out. $86K for an SSR, I'd rather have Charley's ZL1 clone.
Old 11-04-2003, 03:39 PM

I saw a whole transporter full of SSR's roll into Pittsburgh on Friday. All were yellow and the bluish-purple of Steve's. Shouldn't be long now until they start popping up in showrooms and on the streets. Certainly unique looking, but hardly a substitute for the defunct Camaro. Guess we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed and hope that the 2007 Camaro becomes a reality.
Old 11-04-2003, 11:28 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

[ QUOTE ]
$86K for an SSR, I'd rather have Charley's ZL1 clone.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2003, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Have you seen the concept truck from Dodge. The SRT10? I was in love with the Lightning when it came out, but now my money is on the Mopar! Not only is it $5K cheaper than the Lightning but also 500+ HP, and 6 Speed HURST Shifter. WOW!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's past concept, now! Those babies are gonna get built, but it was my understanding they were gonna be more expensive than the Lightning. But, that may not be 100% accurate.

GM has left the 'Vette to fight ALL of the battles, but they're sadly getting left in the dust...
Old 11-07-2003, 09:33 PM

I'm not sure if everybody is aware of how special a truck Steve's SSR really is. First, there was not a truck full of
purple SSR's anywhere. The paint was limited to just the first twenty five Signature Series vehicles. This paint is
a special paint that was shot by hand not robot. All of the 25 special Signature Series trucks were hand built. The sheet metal on these trucks was actually not the same as the production trucks. In essence the first twenty five SSR'S are like prototypes. Each will carry it's own unique heritage that was fully documented by GM. As far as a dealer
not getting ant interest in the SSR's thats hard for me to understand. We've had our first two years worth of these SSR's sold out for over 5 months. Many dealers didn't even know about the Signature Series because we couldn't sell them. All of them were only offered through auction.Without a doubt the SSR is not the answer to the lightning or the hemi dodge. IT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO BE. IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN EXCITING HALO VEHICLE MEANT FOR CHEVROLET TO GET PEOPLE INTO ITS SHOWROOMS. Its fun to drive neat to look at and is certainly a traffic stopper everywhere. I think chevy did a great job with it. Just my passionate 2 cents worth.
Old 11-08-2003, 02:19 AM

Hey Bill...this SSR may not be quick between the stoplights, but it sure is lots of fun to drive! I'm not surprised that you've sold your allotment for the next couple years. The local Chevy dealers are baffled by your ability to get me this #19 Signature Series. Thanks for making it possible! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif[/img]

SS
Old 11-08-2003, 09:18 PM

If anyone is looking for an SSr, there is one in Milton, Florida and Mobile, Alabama. The one in Mobile is red. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/scholar.gif[/img]
Son #2, Son #1, Daughters
82 Z28, 96 Z28SS, 02 ZL1