Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 11-20-2003, 02:42 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Possible Yenko SOLD on e-bay/Second Thread

I would love to see a pic of the 65 X-ram car since i have a 65 SS with a X-ram. I know they are not the same car but it is a less popular combination and would be neat to sea another!

Old 11-20-2003, 03:58 AM

Joe that is a really cool pic! Mark that as exibit 1 in the case of identifying Duanes car as a real Yenko! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2003, 01:45 PM

Well if i can't get the orignal drivetrain back I will restore it to it's old glory with a ZL1.
Old 11-20-2003, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well if i can't get the orignal drivetrain back I will restore it to it's old glory with a ZL1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing wrong with an upgrade like that. I still can't believe that car has a Chrysler rear under it. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] It's a shame if the original drivetrain exists but you can't get together with an agreement that would allow the car to be put back to it's original glory. I know a guy(who posts on this board once in a while) who found the original ZL1 engine for Ed Cunneen's ZL1 and he put the 2 people in touch with each other without looking for any profit for himself. That's what this hobby should be about. He could have easily bought the engine and then made a profit by selling it to Ed. I give a big [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif[/img] to Dan for all his research in finding that engine for Ed with no strings attached. Good luck with your Yenko Duane.
Old 11-20-2003, 03:43 PM

Jeff,

Hooking up original engines with original cars is as much fun as finding a rare car. An engine builder called me last year and said that a guy brought into his shop 2 ZL1 motors. One CE block and the other had a VIN on it. He read 4 of the 6 numbers that he was sure of and it matched Gary Holubs old car. I called Gary and he sold it weeks before that. I got a story about the original motor from Gary that matched up with this guys story on where he found the two motors. I put the new owner of Gary's ZL1 in touch with the guy that had it and thought it would be a happy reunion . . . NOT. The guy that had the motors would not sell or trade it to the ZL1 owner, except I think he wanted a motor in trade and $50K for just the original block. The guy here built a Garnet Red clone of the original car. I saw it last weekend. The clone car was beautiful, but I am still very disappointed that the motor swap didn't happen. GREED is all I can say . . . [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img] OH, the other ZL1 CE motor was rebuilt and an exact clone to ZL1#51 (Reggie's car) was built and it is very nicely done. Right down to the Brooks Chevrolet dealer tag. I am not sure if I like the idea of building an original CLONE to one of these cars.
Old 11-20-2003, 03:56 PM

Matt, did you happen to check the vin tags on the two clones? Are they presented as clones???
Old 11-20-2003, 08:18 PM

What I read seems to be the same situation that I think I am in. But I want proof that it is the right drivetrain not some hear say! I am talking pictures! If no pictures it might be a bogus deal, if you know what I mean?
Old 11-20-2003, 09:49 PM

Duane, now that everything has calmed down I just wanted to say congratulations on a great find. Good luck with the original drivetrain. It would be great to see the car back to it's original glory. Personally, I don't think I would build a ZL1 clone out of a Yenko car. I would find correct date coded Yenko parts and rebuild it as a Yenko. So what if it won't have the original drivetrain. How many Yenkos do? You can clone almost any 69 Camaro into a ZL1. Anyone can build a ZL1 clone. Not just anyone has an original Yenko car. This is just my opinion. I'm not trying to tell you what to do with your car. Either way, it will be a great car. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/[/img]
James
Old 11-20-2003, 10:05 PM

Duane - I have the perfect solution...find one of those YENKO aluminum blocks and use that as the foundation for your ZL1 motor to put in the car...i think that would be way cool, the best of both worlds in my humble opinion....congrats on the car [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2003, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Duane - I have the perfect solution...find one of those YENKO aluminum blocks and use that as the foundation for your ZL1 motor to put in the car...i think that would be way cool, the best of both worlds in my humble opinion....congrats on the car [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]Didn't an aluminum Yenko block sell on ebay a short time ago for around $14K?

Congrats again Duane. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif[/img]