Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 10-12-2006, 09:41 PM

Default Re: Canadian COPO on Team Camaro/Camaros.net

Stuart is exactly correct. We are only trying to clarify stories about this car for our members who may be interested.

We are not bashing Richard English. He does some of the best work out there. His wormanship is exceptional. Everyone of his restos are literally nut and bolt & better than new condition.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:42 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

[ QUOTE ]
Check your ego's ( envy ) and let the man sell his car.

[/ QUOTE ]

Patrick
Old 10-12-2006, 10:12 PM

If there was a claim paid by the insurance company back then, could they have some legal claim to the car now to recover their loss?
Old 10-13-2006, 04:00 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

This is about as good as Days of Our Lives (and I live for that lol..)..I need to grab a six pack and wait for the response's..
Old 10-13-2006, 05:30 AM

I have been at work all day and was surprised throughout the day by people who contacted me to first make me aware of the late night post and secondly to offer support in several different forms. I will do my very best to explain exactly how I came to own my 1969 Copo Camaro V.I.N. 124379N635036. I know that I too would be skeptical about a car with such a colourful past, but this car is not unlike several before it and as God is my witness I knew nothing of the e-Bay auction or the stolen body prior to purchasing the car. I was only answering an e-mail from a man who had spoken to my sister. It is true that the car was stolen approximately twelve years before I purchased it. However it was only the body which was stolen and not the engine. The insurance company paid out on the body only and never registered the car as being stolen. Had Hylton done a little more research he would have found this to be true! It is information which can be obtained from the U.C.D.A. (I have a copy of the clear title, police report at the time of theft, and the insurance paperwork indicating the claim and payout)! I did in fact purchase the car with almost everything intact with the exception of the front end sheet metal and engine. As stated in my for sale ad on Team Camaro I have complete photograph documentation from ten minutes after I arrived home with the car and throughout the entire restoration. As far as why someone would not purchase a BE rear end or when the garbage was deposited in and around the car I do not know. The gentleman who looked at the car before me may have done so five or six years earlier. The guy I purchased the car from had the vehicle in his possession for almost seven years. I have reciepts from both the man who sold me the car and the man who sold me the engine, ownership and paperwork. I did not purchase the ownership and engine from the same individual who had it on e-Bay. Again, I have full disclosure from all parties involved. I did all of this through a lawyer and an agent to ensure everything was legitimate and legal. We even went as far as to hire a Police officer to accompany us to the meeting between myself and the person in possession of the ownership (title). The money was held by a third party until the car had been registered in my name through our Ontario Department of Transportation. I can understand why people are interested in knowing how I came about the car and the history behind it. But what I do not understand is why certain individuals feel the need to launch a personal attack on me and my car. Someone willing to spend the time to make accusations should also be willing to respond to a telephone call or take the time to explain the entire story, not just what makes interesting reading. I have sold several cars over the years and I have done so with pride and dignity. I have always stood behind my cars 100%. If someone purchases a car from me and is not completely satisfied with the car and the description I have provided I will give them their money back in full!!! To date I have never had to buy back one single car. I hope this will answer any questions regarding my 1969 Copo Camaro.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:43 AM

Questions answered. Done. Now if anyone is interested in this car...get ahold of Richard. Thanks for the open responses Richard. I recall talking to you about this car a while back.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:48 AM

Hi Richard. Great car, great story, you handled the questions with class.

But I like the conspiracy theories better.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:49 AM

Thank you Bob,
It has always been a pleasure speaking with you!
Old 10-13-2006, 05:54 AM

Thanks for clearing things up a bit Richard.

This is exactly more of what we need. People come forward with concerns and owners are coming forward to answer them.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:20 AM

I myself am the proud owner of two top notch camaro's that Richard has sold me.As he has said to myself on many occassion's that if I ever was unsatisfated or tried of them he would buy them back for what I paid for them.We now are restoring a third car,I've become good friends with him and his family,and his staff.Richard has been true to his word on countless occasions.I could not imagine buying a camaro without his input and as for buying a car of this caliber no one can compare!!!.THIS MAN HAS PASSION FOR CAMARO'S No used car salesman here.

I'm not one who usaully gets invole with mud sling but this time a was wachting a great guy who loves his family,friends and company in that order, get rake through the coals.
Randy Simpson