Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 12-26-2006, 12:44 AM

Thanked 1,231 Times in 576 Posts
Default Re: Where is ZL-1 #66?

The whole thread was entertaining to watch but looks to be heading south quick. IMO.. as a hobby website we are rotting from the inside out in a very public way here.

Everyone needs to chill.
Old 12-26-2006, 04:21 AM

Steve (CT Chevelle),

I owned a Yenko Deuce that was sold new out of Loehmann Chevrolet in Waterburt, CT. When I bought it in 2003 it had been passed through multiple owners on a 1986 CT title which I have good color copies of. Is this a rare thing to have a CT title for a 1970? One thing that you mentioned was also true. The owner that registered the car in 1986 registered it as a "Yenko Nova" and that is what was on the title.
Old 12-26-2006, 06:24 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,419 Times in 765 Posts

What is all this talk about "Waterburt" Connecticut? I lived in central CT for 30 years and never heard of a Waterburt. There is a Waterbury but no Waterburt. So add that to the mystery bucket as well.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:02 AM

It's about 10 miles from Seltzerville,CT.----Happy Holidays
Old 12-26-2006, 07:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What is all this talk about "Waterburt" Connecticut? I lived in central CT for 30 years and never heard of a Waterburt. There is a Waterbury but no Waterburt. So add that to the mystery bucket as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Frank's Deuce was sold new at Loehmann Chevrolet in Waterbury CT, "Waterburt" was simply a typo on Frank's part.
Old 12-26-2006, 03:18 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,419 Times in 765 Posts

I figured. Just wanted to make sure I hadnt missed a trove of supercars 10 miles from my house. (my parents still live there).
Old 12-26-2006, 05:42 PM

Frank, I think that title you have is probably pretty rare. They haven't titled pre-73(?) (I think '73 is the cutoff) cars for many years in CT.

Also...my 2 cents on the property tax thing...Property tax on vehicles/boats/RV's in CT is paid to the municipality where you live...no direct affiliation with the DMV. The municipality does the recordkeeping and billing for this...which you can imagine is not perfect. On more than one occasion, I've received tax bills for vehicles that I have sold. In those instances, I bring the bill of sale and the tax receivable is cancelled. I could just as easily have paid the bill and they would continue to bill me. It would not prove anything about me owning the vehicle. It would just prove that I'm stupid.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:49 PM

Hi Frank
I don't know for sure, but I would say in CT probably about 20% of them still have titles, maybe less. CT was destroying titles on old cars as far back as I can remember, which is the 1980's. Even then there was a lack of titles on the cars. Most people knew that they would never see their titles again, so they started keeping them. DMV would, sometimes, ask you if you had a title and you would either give them a copy of it or none at all.

Loehmann Chevrolet is still in business. I believe they are in the same building that they were in back then. A friend of mine owned a CR Deuce back in the 80's or 90's. I believe sold out of Loehmann. Maybe the same car that you owned. If this is the car, he knew the importance of Yenko's back then and would have know the "title game" in CT and kept the title.

Steve
Old 12-26-2006, 07:30 PM

Hello Again All,

I have been following this thread since the beginning and have even put in a few posts as you all know. I would just like to know, as I think many have asked before, why vodoo (Bill) has not fully disclosed everything. He has stated he wants to get to the bottom of this, yet his actions say different. ZL1#17 stated early on that Bill still has the title. Has ZL1#17 viewed this title?? Bill, if you have the title, then you still own the car and I would think it's a pretty simple, but possibly very expensive matter.

I just would like too see this matter resolved. A car of this magnitude needs to be clear of controversy. Bill has never straight-up answered some of the questions. It's like cloak and dagger, smoke and mirrors. I know the members of this site would be more than happy to assist Bill in his search, but he has not helped the situation with the vague nature of his posts and those terrible pictures on ebay (not a stab at you Bill, but they are very poor quality shots).

It's pretty clear that in a lot of states you can continue to renew a registration on a car this old through the mail even though you no longer have the car. I'm from NJ and have only been in Ohio for a few years. In NJ they do state inspections for emissions. They verify the registration and VIN at these inspections. I'm not sure if they have changed the laws since I moved. In Ohio, since most of the state is very rural, there are no annual inspections (depending on where you live) and you could continue too register a car through the mail every year till your gone. This does complicate things for Bill as states really could care less about our hobby or the value of these cars. Even with all of this going against his claim of ownership of car #66, an actual state document like a title has too have a lot of weight legally. I think this thread could have ended a long time ago with straight answers. I don't believe members are trying too discredit Bill. Including me, though Bill would not believe so. I admitted my mistake. But the whole situation seems too be just so far fetched at times with round about answers from Bill.

ZL1#17 stated that Bill has the title and paperwork for car #66. If his statements are correct then Bill has not straight-up answered this question:

Bill, Do you have the title and other paperwork as stated by ZL1#17??

You don't have too post the documents you have for the world too see, just state what you have in your possesion to back up your claim. If you have it, then go get your car (after the attorney's get there cut of coarse which could be quite painful)

Voodoo (Bill), please please answer the question and help restore the reputation of car #66.

Thanks,
Nick
Old 12-27-2006, 07:02 PM

E-Bay has zapped the auction!!!!

Its completely gone!