Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Baldwin-Motion Performance

Old 03-27-2008, 03:05 AM

Thanked 1,667 Times in 488 Posts
Default Re: motion cars in movies and tv shows

The yellow Phase III GT is the one that was in the Warner Bros movie studio inventory at one time then Joel found it some where in the Midwest and bought it back according to the article.

How do you know the cleopatra jones movie car was a Motion Corvette?
It looks similar to the Motion Super Shark III but don't think it is the same car. This Super Shark III is a wild custom 1975 Corvette show car Joel built around 1984. It had a chrome undercarriage, a 4-seat conversion, blower, Camaro tail lights, wings, a bunch of other stuff
attached picture of mag cover
Attached Images

Old 03-27-2008, 04:26 AM

the photo is above the yellow gt sorry about the capital letters i hit my caps lock button by accident
Old 03-27-2008, 05:15 AM

i could be wrong it just looks like something joel built the fastback gt back window mustang shelby side scoops the motion stripe fender flares ansen slot mags twin turbo style hood the movie is a warner brothers film ive atached another photo front end shot of the car during a chase seen
Attached Images

Old 03-27-2008, 08:08 AM

Send a message via ICQ to 55chevy Send a message via AIM to 55chevy Send a message via Yahoo to 55chevy

I heard a long time ago that Corvette in Cleopatra Jones movie was supposedly a Motion Vette.. So I bought a VHS copy of it on ebay... What a horrible freakin movie from what I remember.. I don't think I watched the whole thing, just got it to see the car. To me the car didn't look like a Motion car from the 70-73 era. (the movie was made in 1973) But it does appear similar to 74 and later Motion Vette mods.. The headlights appear to be the same as the Spyder Vettes and most all Motion Vettes from 75-80............ Then again I'm sure no Motion Corvette expert............................
. Did he start that headlight mod in 73??? Would have had to be a 72 or 73 Vette to be in a 1973 movie. Only other details of that car I can remember is that it had a black diamont tuck interior similer to 1 or 2 other Motion Vettes from the time period. Can't remember seeing any MOTION emblems on it from the movie. I got a dvd copy on the way in the mail just to see it again... Maybe the movie won't suck so bad this time around
Old 03-28-2008, 06:21 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,714 Times in 1,198 Posts

Wasn't one of Joels Vettes shown on an episode "CHIPS" too?
Old 04-02-2008, 07:00 AM

Send a message via ICQ to 55chevy Send a message via AIM to 55chevy Send a message via Yahoo to 55chevy

[ QUOTE ]
i could be wrong it just looks like something joel built the fastback gt back window mustang shelby side scoops the motion stripe fender flares ansen slot mags twin turbo style hood the movie is a warner brothers film ive atached another photo front end shot of the car during a chase seen

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.. I just got done watching this stupid movie.. In my opinion the car is NOT a Motion built car. The only mod on the car that resembles anything Motion did is the Shelby scoops on the side pillars. And I think I remember someone saying somewhere that Motion only ever did that to One (1) Corvette at the owners request.. The Gold/Black 69 Phase III GT.. But I could be wrong. Anyway the movie is horrible. I started out trying to watch it and ended up watching it in fast forward only pausing to look at the car scenes in frame by frame mode... It's not a Motion car.. Most likely just a movie car built in CA like the rest of them. My guess it's an older Vette with a '73 nose added along with all the other body mods.. It does have flared out wheel wells (not like Motion Vettes), The tail panel job looks nothing like Motion work (look at the pics)... It does have a fastback window job, but it's nothing like the Motion GT rear window. My memory was wrong about the interior, It just has the standard black cloth stock interior (other than the fold down door panel full of guns and crap).. This car has a couple other movie props on it too like the hydraulic ram operated T-top that raised when the driver door opens and flame throwing tail pipes (under the license plate). Another glaring fact that shows this not to be a Motion car.. I don't think Joel was in the business of building Movie Prop cars.. Motion was in Long Island, NY.. This hidious movie was filmed in CA.. and it had to have been filmed in 1972. This movie was released in July 1973. Thats why I think it's an older Vette with a '73 nose added.. This just seems like an aweful lot of work to do to a brand new 1973 Vette, have time to film the movie and have it all done in time for a July release.. Anyway, here are two shots from the tv screen.. Judge for yourself.. and remember, not every car that has a stripe up the middle of the roof is a Baldwin/Motion car.......

Also, I did a quick search and came up with this link on Corvettes in movies..
http://www.islandnet.com/~kpolsson/vettepop/
Old 04-02-2008, 07:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the only way I'd get behind the wheel of a big bumper Camaro.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:30 PM

Does anybody know the whereabouts of those 2 white & red cars???????
Old 04-04-2008, 06:09 AM

Pretty sure those cars were in an article or post referring to M/P cars which were being shipped overseas, possibly to the Middle East back then....
Old 04-04-2008, 05:27 PM

So they are not accounted for? Has anybody ever tried to hunt these cars down or asked Joel about them?