Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 01-24-2012, 12:20 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default 1961 corvette fuelie (project)

1961 Corvette from sunny dry california. 315HP solid lifter version (low production) and original honduras maroon paint color. I believe it is mostly original paint, but you have to inspect in person.

Original engine was rebuilt in the 80s and is still in a disassembled state: short block was done, would need refresh, heads done, etc). Original trans is disassembled. Super rare heads (one year only, unique to 315hp corvette only in 61) were rebuilt but need to be rechecked, they are date code perfect to the car and each have the same date. It has been sitting disasembled in california storage most of the time, since the 80s. It no longer has it's fuel injection unit, air cleaner, or distributor.

2 top car. 4:10 rear end (original to car). never hit (rare for a solid axle find).

Asking $45K obo.

I also have an all aluminum 427 long block (468 actual displacement: Yenko ZL-1 block which has 1969 GM 052 casting code, built by Verl Steven's racing engines, never fired) that could go towards making this a one of a kind custom. Bill Thomas Racing documented in a 2 page article in Hot Rod magazine on how you can put a 396/427 in a C1 corvette, not touching firewall or core support, he made all the pieces at one time to do that.

Price in that case would be $60K or offer for the car + this 427 long block (not installed).

Bloomignton Gold Corvette judges (atleast 4 different ones) have inspected the car this past summer, and not one said it was not as presented. Some said it had things you rarely see anymore inside the engine compartment (fuelie related) and in the trunk.

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Not included in this sale:</span> I do have access to much all the missing fuelie items needed to restore this car, if you wanted the help after purchase. I even have a complete original 61-62 big brake setup you could consider adding after purchase, to give it something different the others don't have.

The american torque thrust wheels on it were put on when it was fairly new, all 4 included.

I have spoken at length with the husband and wife that owned this car, and how it started out (her dad bought it for her) and then was stored away during a bitter divorce (in the middle of a restoration, ~80s timeframe). I purchased it directly from the wife and have pictures of her with her car. I have many pictures when it was almost brand new, fuel injection emblems in proud display in most of the shots, and then later the baby car-seat added in between the seats (I would guess 1963-65 timeframe). I have pictures of that too. I have all their original pictures (not copies) and a lot of the old original california registrations (same black plates). Old california corvette club info the car was a part of, etc.

Six Three Zero 485 8249

Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 01-24-2012, 02:04 AM

Default Re: 1961 corvette fuelie (project)

Bob,

Love the color, Best of luck with the sale.

Dan
70 Buick Skylark Post Sedan Burnished Saddle

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PM3DE8qI2NY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn4xEmGypUw
Old 01-24-2012, 04:58 PM

thanks dan.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:34 PM

Some additional info:

The corvette I have forsale came from the LA/Ventura area in california. I am going to try to get some letter signed by the husband/wife on what dealer they believe the car came from new in that area (they had it since 62), as maybe not all dealers could work on fuel injection, so they had to have it serviced there. Harry Mann was the hi-po dealer for chevy on the west coast. I would like to compare VINs (maybe they are close) to this famous drag car (see link), that started life EXACTLY like this car (i.e. a solid lifter fuelie, honduras maroon, hard top, black interior, and 4:10). They started out life as twins maybe on the same lot. One became famous.

The above is to address california interest in the car, if it came from that hi-po dealer.

https://picasaweb.google.com/Corvett...RichSiroonian#
Old 01-26-2012, 01:31 AM
SCR Sponsor

Thanked 3,261 Times in 934 Posts

Wow! What a car. If I were not in the throws of my 63, I'd be all over it. So, I sent you my buddy Ron. GLWS!

Tim
Old 01-26-2012, 04:52 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: napa68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow! What a car. If I were not in the throws of my 63, I'd be all over it. So, I sent you my buddy Ron. GLWS!

Tim </div></div>

Thanks Tim. I appreciate it!
Old 01-26-2012, 06:09 PM

Update:
Based on an expedited service, I should have the NCRS supplied selling dealer info on this car, Saturday after next (just confirmed). That is very cool.
I sold a Harry Mann license frame off this car, for close to $400, thinking it was not solid proof anyways of the car coming from there, the above should be solid proof either way.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:49 PM

Bob,

If Yenko ZL-1 long block not sold with car. Any interest in selling by itself. Better discription of engine heads intake, etc?.

Thanks
Rodger
Old 01-26-2012, 09:31 PM

I'd like to find something similar for my next Gasser project. I don't need one this nice though! Very nice car. Good luck with the sale.
34 Ford Sedan..Hemi powered
Michigan/ Florida
Old 01-26-2012, 09:37 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: my70454ss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bob,

If Yenko ZL-1 long block not sold with car. Any interest in selling by itself. Better discription of engine heads intake, etc?.

Thanks
Rodger [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img] </div></div>

Rodger, the engine is forsale by itself, dont be afraid to make ANY offer. I will PM you with the details. Would make the ultimate camaro/chevelle engine.