Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 06-10-2003, 01:23 AM

Default 2 fast 2 furious

How many of you had the chance to see it this weekend? I saw it and I think it showed these import guys what real muscle cars can do. I am only 18 years old and I agree with you guys about my generation not being exposed to these cars. You see hondas everyday, but how many people my age can say that they have had the opportunity to see a Yenko Camaro or Gibb Nova run the 1/4 mile? I had the privlage of riding in Tom Clary's Yenko Camaro and Ray Morrison's Gibb Nova at the first reunion. Luckily I grew up on muscle car stories so I am one of a lucky few who chose to stick with american muscle! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif[/img] I definitely think that after watching this movie that the import guys will have a new sense of respect for the muscle cars. The only way in the movie that they could beat them was by running them off the road or using, what do they call it, Nos! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif[/img] What ever happened to the engine alone? I own a 67 SS 350 Camaro and a 99 Z/28 and my cars have earned a sense of respect at my school. I try to inform [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/scholar.gif[/img] the import guys that if you want to go fast, don't put nos or a turbo on your honda, but sell it and buy a Camaro or a Vette according to your budget. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif[/img] Just my opinion.

Andy Anderson

Old 06-10-2003, 04:45 PM

Default Re: 2 fast 2 furious

2 stupid and 2 Gay [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/no.gif[/img]
Old 06-10-2003, 05:50 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,269 Times in 564 Posts

Andy, did you enjoy the flick? Was it good, dumb fun like the original, or just a tired retread of the first?

The guy who set up the cars seems to really be a car dude, so I was hopeful the movie would reflect that.

Tech issues aside, Probably my biggest issue is Paul Walker's character seems directly copied, speech and all, from Keanu Reeves' undercover bank robber in the movie "Point Break".

Have fun spreading the "all throttle, no bottle" message to your peers. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/[/img]

Old 06-11-2003, 02:57 AM

I had the same thought on the Point Break comparison! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2003, 03:28 AM

Andy:

Long time no type! I hope all is well! How did graduation go? Got plans for the future?
Old 06-11-2003, 04:31 AM

How can I get a ride in a Yenko Camero and a Gibb Nova? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] hehe [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/[/img]
Old 06-12-2003, 02:40 AM

Rob:
Graduation went great [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. I ranked 7th [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/scholar.gif[/img] in my class(200 graduates). I was an honor graduate with distinction. I plan on attending Clemson University in the fall majoring in mechanical engineering. BMW gave Clemson a 10 million dollar grant for an automotive graduate school and the people in charge of the project said that my class would be one of the first to attend the new school. Eventhough it is a BMW school I will take what I learn there to use at Chevrolet. I hope that one day I can work for Chevrolet in their design/engineering department or work on their special vehicles team. Maybe one day I can bring back Chevelles, Novas, and the recently discontinued Camaro! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif[/img] By the way, I will be in the marching band playing the trumpet, so you guys may catch me on T.V. during a halftime performance. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Andy Anderson
67 Camaro SS 350
99 Camaro Z/28
Old 06-12-2003, 04:49 AM

congrats man! good luck !!!!! BRING THE OLD CARS BACK PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-16-2003, 04:24 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Been there, done that.
Working for the automotive industry was great, but margins are thin and it's not an industry I'd recommend.
Old 06-17-2003, 09:31 PM

Yet good to see someone with their head on straight and a plan. If it's something he enjoys then I think it's worth it. Sitting at a job you hate is no fun. Nice job Andy! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif[/img]