Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 08-04-2003, 06:05 PM

Default Beswick accident

Just a quick note for drag racing fans. Arnie "The Farmer" Beswick was injured in a racing accident in Missouri over the weekend. Details are sketchy, but I'll try to keep updating info on my website, www.nofearmotorsports.com

http://www.classicmusclecars.com
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 08-04-2003, 07:08 PM

Default Re: Beswick accident

Before I read that statement, I was figuring the car got away from him somehow, as MAR has a pretty rough transition from the pad/track, and has a couple of spots on the big end. Not as bad as Ozark Intl. on the big end, but still interesting...
Old 08-05-2003, 01:02 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

I was there as I was running my car with members of our group and was pitted right next to Arnie. I didnt see the car as we just completed our pass and were towing back but he made the turn off OK but the car was on fire. It was announced that it had somthing to do with nitrous possibly. I know that when we left the car had still not come back to the pit and the NHRA tech people were examining everything. I will say that the tech at MAR was very good and the track is a safe place compared to a lot of places we go. We never made a pass slower than 7.90 (the others were 7.70's)and that place was hooked. BTW I got a win too so that was OK other than the long tow.
Old 08-05-2003, 01:36 AM

Hey, Mickey, I didn't realize you made it out to this part of the woods! MAR is an interesting old track, huh?! LOTS of history there! Neat little factoid is that they used to have a road course that ran back up the return road, and through the pits...sounds tame, but they hadn't logged off the trees yet, so you were basically racing through a forest! The trees used to be right up on the drag strip also, especially on the big end. In fact, I've got a video from Dave McCutcheon (he's here somewhere) from years ago from MAR, and he made a pass with the camera in the car, and it was pretty cool watching the trees rush up! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2003, 04:56 AM

I posted address for get well cards as well as email address to contact Arnie at the hospital on my website.

http://www.classicmusclecars.com
Old 08-05-2003, 12:51 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Rob, thats as far west as our group goes. I like the track its almost like our local track with the way the hill at the finish line is so I guess it just seems like home. The people at the track go out of their way for us too.