Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 05-24-2005, 09:46 AM

Default Ya just never know about some people....

I found this board and have enjoyed reading and learning about Yenkos and other GM muscle cars that I ddint really have much knowledge of. But when I signed up for the board to answer a post about an AAR a guy was thinking of buying I noticed someone on here who I didnt have a clue was into GM's. But he wasnt into them as much as he states or he wouldnt attack people for their opinions such as he did here in this thread.

Bloominton Gold Thread

Makes ya wonder about some people.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 05-24-2005, 09:49 AM

Default Re: Ya just never know about some people....

calling people idiots....man....makes ya wonder about those MOPAR people
Old 05-24-2005, 09:53 AM

Stuff like that gives Mopar people a bad name. Why cant people just appreciate all types of cars and not run others into the ground for the cars they like.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:55 AM

some people are LITTLE minded......
Old 05-24-2005, 10:40 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,418 Times in 764 Posts

The Mopar people are a little sensitive on the subject of trademark issues. Back in the early 1980s the old Chrysler Corp started threatening lawsuits aagainst anyone who used the term "Mopar" in any form whatsoever. They would have their attorneys writing cease and desist letters to old ladies posting a for sale ad in their local paper selling a fender from an old mopar in their back yard. Chrysler initiated a zero-tolerance policy on the trademarked term "Mopar". The backlash from the Mopar fans was incredible. Even to the point of people arranging well-publicized boycotts of new Chrysler vehicles. Eventually Chrysler saw the error of their ways and pulled the reigns back in on their lawyers, allowing people to use the term with the proper credit/aknowledgement of the trademark, but they lost a great deal of business and good will in the marketplace over the bad legal decision to go after the little guys.

I have a feeling that the Bloomington Gold people may see the error of their ways when it comes to zero-tolerance enforcement.

I have an idea: Why doesn't Blooington Gold redirect their energy and go after the nigerian and eastern european guys selling fake yenko "survivors" on 1-day ebay auctions? That would generate a whole bunch of good will toward them.
Old 05-25-2005, 06:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The backlash from the Mopar fans was incredible. Even to the point of people arranging well-publicized boycotts of new Chrysler vehicles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes that is absolutely true as I know one of the persons resposible for starting that boycott and also writing a letter and having people sign it and sending it directly to the top guys at Chrysler at the time. He was president of the North East Hemi owners Association at the time. They just recently dropped the hammer on a bunch of people but suddenly quit. Went after a couple websites and few T-Shirt vendors but then mysteriously stopped. My point was how 2 faced people are but more directly the person who started that thread over on moparts. Seems he cant make up his mind on anything except that everyone has to think just as he does or he will piss and moan about it.