Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 10-26-2005, 03:05 AM

Default 1970 Camaro Z/28 project for sale

Sometimes you have to realize you have way to many projects and something has to go. Well this is the one I must let go.
1970 Camaro Z/28 project. The body is solid but not perfect and still has original fenders. The fenders are in very good condition. Reason I point this out is because repops and even some of the older NOS fenders are not correct. The drivers side fender has the correct mounting for the washer bottle, etc... Those with 1970 Z/28's know what I am talking about.

Floors, trunk floor, frame rails, roof, doors, wheel houses, decklid, solid with no rot that I can see. Someone had hacked up the tunnel for a different shifter but I will include a repair piece. Rear quarters had a rookie repair to them at one time but are solid. Rockers are solid with one so so patch on the passenger side but I will include a repair piece for that as well. Doesn't need replacing just a repair patch.

Glass intact and complete. I have every body panel from front bumper to the rear bumper. The decklid and quarters are drilled for the 3 piece spoiler and that is also included.

Car has a complete interior. Original interior was saddle (tan) but someone had dyed everything black. No console. and the dash gauges are not correct.

Now for the really bad part. No motor, no tranny and no 12 bolt rear end. The car is a roller and has a 10 bolt posi rear with disc brakes. The front suspension had been rebuilt not to long ago and needs just to be repainted. Someone had painted the car yellow and painted everything that color. I mean everything got painted yellow. Yuck! The car is stripped of most of the paint and is in primer of different shades. Car is partially striped and however buys it neesds to bring a big truck for the parts.

Yes, this is a real Z/28 and the other Z/28 stuff is there. Correct power brake set up, rear sway bar mounts are on the frame and I have the correct sway bar and brackets to go with the car. The drivers side floor has the three holes for the floor mounted throttle bracket and I have the bracket which is in OK condition. Someone also did a rookie heater delete job on the firewall but it can be cut out easily enough.

Car is original Classic Copper with Saddle interior.
This was going to be my Day 2 project but too many projects and change of venue prompt the sale. Not happy about it but it's just a car. Asking $5000.00 obo or will trade for 1969 Chevelle project.
PM me if interested and I'll send a contact number. It might sound like a lot of work but this is a very solid car that would make a great project. Have you seen the prices of these cars lately. Geez..

Oh yeah, no docs either.

Rick H.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 10-26-2005, 08:38 PM

Default Re: 1970 Camaro Z/28 project for sale

I was thinking and a couple other cars I would possibly trade for are, Cosworth Vega, Vega GT (must be very solid and darn near mint), 66, 67 or 68 Dodge Coronet. Even interested in hearing what is out there.

Rick H.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:19 PM

Rick not sure if you saw but there was a 73 vega gt listed in this mornings Rochester paper.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:23 PM

I'll see if I can find a D&C on the way home tonight. Thanks

Rick H.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:37 AM

585-755-8398 save yourself some time.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:45 AM

I read the ad online and the car in question has a 355 SB, Muncie and Chrysler rearend. Wants more then what I am asking for mine. Not interested in a built car. Looking for a fun car with original motor, etc.

Thanks anyway. Still looking.

Rick H.